Workshop I – Monday Preconference (Free)
Ruffalo Noel Levitz Satisfaction Priorities Surveys Client Workshop
1:00 p.m. – 4:30 p.m., Monday, April 23
Julie Bryant, Ruffalo Noel Levitz
Student Satisfaction Assessment Workshop: Making the Most of the Data You Gather
The “Student Satisfaction Assessment Workshop: Making the Most of the Data You Gather” will provide you with guidance on using your Student Satisfaction Inventory results, as well as the data from the other instruments in the suite (Priorities Survey for Online Learners, Adult Student Priorities Survey, Adult Learner Inventory). This interactive session will provide you with practical suggestions and examples for:
• Surveying your students with improved response rates;
• Reviewing and sharing your results on campus, so people will care about the data;
• Exploring the data through a variety of proven methods;
• Responding to the data with effective initiatives; and
• Informing the campus of the actions you have taken to close the feedback loop before you survey again.
Note: Register for this workshop direct with Ruffalo Noel Levitz. This workshop is free of charge, but pre-registration is required.
To learn more, please contact Julie Bryant, Associate Vice President of Retention Solutions at Ruffalo Noel Levitz: Julie.Bryant@RuffaloNL.com or by phone at 800-876-1117.
Workshop II – Tuesday Morning Preconference (Free)
Exploring the Benchmarking Institute Projects
Tuesday, April 24
Part 1: 9 – 10:45 a.m.
Part 2: 11 – 12:00 p.m.
Michelle Taylor and Lou Guthrie, National Higher Education Benchmarking Institute
Exploring the Benchmarking Institute Projects. NCCBP: Credit and Non-credit
This workshop will provide you with guidance on using your NCCBP results. We will explore navigating the website, they types and uses of the various reports available, and the new features in the 2018 survey and reports. Bring your laptop as we will be doing some chart building with the custom report feature.
Topics to be covered:
• The new chat feature.
• Percent change report.
• New measures of student success and institution success.
• Peer group design and peer comparison reports.
• Creating custom reports for your administration.
• Best performers report.
• Managing your account and institution users.
Exploring the Benchmarking Institute Projects. Cost and Productivity
This workshop will introduce you to the Cost and Productivity Project. We will explore navigating the website, they types and uses of the various reports available, and the new features in the 2018 survey and reports.
Topics to be covered:
• Tips on data collection to provide data for decision-making.
• New outcomes data (entry level salaries and placement rates by CIP code)
• Using the data for program review.
Note: This workshop is free of charge, but pre-register is required.
Workshop III – Thursday Afternoon Postconference (additional $50)
1 – 5 p.m., Thursday, April 26
Gina Marie Johnson, AIR
Narcisa A. Polonio, Ed.D. Executive Vice President, Research, Education & Board Services, Association of Community College Trustees.
Natalie Alleman Beyers, Director of Institutional Planning and Research, Johnson County Community College
Advancing your Career in IR/IE
Explore and expand your duties and functions as an IR professional. This workshop is designed to help you advance in your IR career – from an analyst to a director; from a director to executive director or VP. Learn from AIR about the skills you will need in the future, then get tips on how to incorporate those skills in your resume. Finally get some advice on interviewing for those “step-up” positions.